• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does a keyboard make work with Illustrator for iPad easier?

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the title says it all.

Stein Arne

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Adobe no longer makes PDF or printed manuals. This is all I can find for online help for Illustrator on the iPad:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/get-started.chromeless.html#illustrator-on-ipad

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

I believe the correct answer is that the keyboard is essential for some functions that can't be done without the keyboard. I'm however not sure how many functions we are talking about here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are keyboard shortcuts listed in the Help menu, so if you are used to using keyboard shortcuts in Ai on a desktop it would probably speed up your workflow to use them on an iPad as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're used to keyboard shortcuts,  on your desktop workflow, then maybe.  Its all a matter of preference.  I mean, when I'm working on Adobe apps on my Macbook,  Keyboard shortcuts are vital to me,  but when I use apps on my iPad,  trying to use keyboards on it is distracting to me.  But like I said, its all a matter of personal preference 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your replies.

I believe I will have to go a bit deeper into the question asked.

There is a quite extentive keyboard commands list.. 
Are rally all of these functions easily available without a keyboard???

Does it exist a list showing how to execute all these commands without a keyboard?

This list is very useful formshowing what is possible- but it would be nice know how I can do all of them without a keyboard too!

Here are a few examples:

I have been duplicating a lot, but had to use google to find out how to copy and paste.

So far I have f.ex. not been able to sort out how to paste in front or in back and 

The same goes for copying objects or layers between documents!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing. I am unable to find a manual for this program.

Google only comes up with Youtube videos of varying quality - and none of the ones I have seen cover all topics.
Links would be apprectated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer makes PDF or printed manuals. This is all I can find for online help for Illustrator on the iPad:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/get-started.chromeless.html#illustrator-on-ipad

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe the correct answer is that the keyboard is essential for some functions that can't be done without the keyboard. I'm however not sure how many functions we are talking about here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines