• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Copy/paste layer between two documents?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 illustrator files (lets say version 1 and version 2). If I have 10 layers on version 2 that I want to send/add to version 1, is this possible (without copy/pasting in place each individual layer?)

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Hi there,

I am afraid, this feature is not available yet. I'll surely pass on your feedback to the team. I'd also request that if you can take out a moment and submit it as a feature request here.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am afraid, this feature is not available yet. I'll surely pass on your feedback to the team. I'd also request that if you can take out a moment and submit it as a feature request here.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to copy elements from Illustrator and paste into Photoshop, all done on the iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid this is not possible as of now. I'll surely pass on your feedback to the team. I'd also request that if you can take out a moment and upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931888-illustrator-ipad-feature-requests/suggestions/437742...). This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature.

However, there is a workaround in theory. I haven't tested this myself yet. You can import Photoshop & Fresco Cloud documents, edit them and save them. (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/work-with-cc-apps.html#place-links). Then open the edited documents in Photoshop or Fresco to copy elements created in Ai on the iPad to your new artwork. I hope it helps!

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines