• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to taper strokes in Adobe Illustrator on IPad??

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! Can anyone please tell me how to taper strokes in the new Illustrator for iPad?? I feel like this should be something fairly simple, but cannot seem to figure out how 😞 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

There is no width tool on the iPad. Only thing you can do is use the brushes and pressure with the Apple Pencil.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, I'm looking for the equivlient of the desktop 'width tool' or the setitng a stroke profile, just to clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no width tool on the iPad. Only thing you can do is use the brushes and pressure with the Apple Pencil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, 

Thanks for the info! I see the pressure brushes now - somehow I'd missed those before. That will suffice for what I'm trying to achieve for now. 

Varying widths on strokes would be a really great feature to add though! Do you know if it will be included in any of the upcoming version upgrades? It's one of my favorite tools and one which I use very frequently on Desktop Illustrator, so not having it on iPad certainly impacts my workflow, and and impacts easily being able to move and edit files from Desktop to IPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just a user as you are, so I can't tell you what will happen with the app.

You can make a feature request via the App Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines