• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator for IPad - half of the text in my projects suddenly invisible

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm super new to illustrator and am just using it to make my own wedding invites, etc.  I will be the first to admit I have no idea how to do what I'm doing efficiently, but I had my invitation almost completely finalized when I went back into the project tonight. However, when I opened the project and tried to zoom in, I don't know, maybe I clicked something, but half of my text just randomly disappeared/became invisible.  I checked all my fonts, and they're still downloaded to my device.  I checked my layers, and the text is still there, just invisible...When I try to add new text in and change the font, the program won't let me do that either. It's bizarre. I clicked through my other projects and now they're all doing the same thing, which makes me think I must have inadvertently changed some setting and can't figure out how to change it back. I deleted and re-downloaded the app hoping to reset it...didn't work. I have no idea what I did. Please help! I included some screenshots of how the invite is supposed to look/looked before I did this (private info. redacted) and the layer view of what I see when I open it right now...the text is still there, just invisible. How do I make it visible again? 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Without seeing the actual file it will be difficult tosay what had happened.

Maybe youcan check the outline view?

Tap that icon to get to the menu:

7FA0508A-B1BB-40B5-8F6D-E1B36F3F4F8E.jpg

If the text is still there, then maybe it's just white?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without seeing the actual file it will be difficult tosay what had happened.

Maybe youcan check the outline view?

Tap that icon to get to the menu:

7FA0508A-B1BB-40B5-8F6D-E1B36F3F4F8E.jpg

If the text is still there, then maybe it's just white?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines