• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad issue with Pen tool

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot for the life of me seem to CONTINUE a path with the pen tool after having deselected it. Actually I'm not really sure what's going on. I've used Illustrator since 2002, so I expected the iPad version would let you continue a path by selecting the last anchor point and using the pen tool to proceed. What's more, I want to make a straight a line continuing out from the last anchor point, so naturally I hold shift on my iPad keyboard (also used the 'shift' catch-all corner circle tool thing on-screen) and when I tap to plot the point nothing happens. As if I've deselected, it just goes blank. Even when I go off to the side of the canvas with the pen tool selected to create a new path, holding shift does the same thing. Nothing. First point disappears. Blank. And get this, even when I don't use shift and create a line with 2 points to join it to the last anchor point from the path I want to continue, it doesn't. Inexplicably, it remains separate. iOS, Illustrator app, everything's updated. Hoping I don't wind up in a mental hospital from this. Why Adobe? WHY? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continuing a path works when you just select the endpoint. As for the straight lines, use the secondary circle widget thingy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not in my case, to either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that you have to select the whole shape with the selection arrow, then switch to the pen tool to reactivate the anchors. Once you have the anchors back you should be able to tap on the last one and continue to add to the original line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also unfortunately not in this case. I must have hit the jackpot on some kind of bug with just exactly the right circumstances. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines