• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Join 2 separate paths is greyed out

Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have drawn a path, used the mirror tool to duplicate the path, selected each path individually and expanded each path. I now want to join the two paths to make one complete path but if I select two end points with the point selection tool 'join path' is greyed out. If I try and join with the pen tool by clicking on the last point of one path 1 and then clicking on the first point of path 2 it simply creates a new point and does not join the 2 paths. I'm a long time user of illustrator on the desktop, working on-the-go with the iPad is a nice idea but my first attempt with ai on iPad has been frustrating.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

OK, I worked this out. When I expand the paths they are masked, unmask and in outlines view I can see the mask paths, delete them and now I can select both path end points with the point selection tool and join them with 'join path'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I worked this out. When I expand the paths they are masked, unmask and in outlines view I can see the mask paths, delete them and now I can select both path end points with the point selection tool and join them with 'join path'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines