Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers and objects

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Illustrator genius'! 

I'm a complete newbie here so please bear with me but I've scoured the internet and just can't find the answer to my question...

I am trying to create an SVG cut file of a 2 layered drawing I have created in Procreate (which can't generate SVG filetypes) so... I have imported the layers into Illustrator on my iPad as PNG files but they are showing as objects under a layer, rather than their own layers - hope that makes sense?! - and if I try to move them I get an error stating "Can't move non-layer object to the top". Hopefully the screenshot helps explain.

Any ideas on how to split these two images into layers? Any help greatly appreciated 🙂 Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to the app, so this might be the blind leading the blind LOL. Your yellow heart is still an <image>, which needs to become a path before moving to the next step if that is to be your 2nd layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the move objects between layers issue, make sure the triangle for the destination layer is pointing down before moving an object to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines