• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line of dead pixel remains when I overlap objects produced using mirror repeat, even on export

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I've just started using Illustrator for IPad and been experimenting with the mirror repeat function. However, every time I create an object, select mirror repeat and then drags the reflected objects so that they overlap, a line of pixels always remains where the two objects overlap. This line of pixel remains even when exporting images, an example of which I've attached to demonstrate the issue. 

I've looked online I can't find any record of this issue mentioned elsewhere, however when watching the YouTube tutorial accessible through the link below, I notice that the same line of pixels on the location when the two options overlap is also clearly present, so this issue is not my iPad. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ljSZTAsYac

Is this a bug/does anyone know how to get rid of this line of pixels? As it remains on export, it severely limits the utility of this otherwise amazing function.

I hope this is clear, any help greatly recieved.

Cheers

Tom 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, that's not a good result. I'd not actually overlapped a colour previously so had not seen this.

A work-around is to duplicate the object numerous times, then group them so they move as one.
Not an ideal solution but it will get you through until the issue is fixed.

I would suggest jumping into the Illustrator UserVoice page and reporting it as a bug so that the Illustrator team can look into it. You can get to the page through the Help section of App Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've also been having this problem- Mirror repeat seems more than a little counterintuitive and possibly broken in general. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines