• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro Issues.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I've been using Illustrator on my iPad a good bit lately. My main issues have to do with input using the trackpad on the Magic Keyboard. Well, the keyboard in general now. 

First, why am I unable to scroll around my canvas using the trackpad (two fingers). I'm able to do it in Photoshop, and Lightroom. You can zoom in and out, but say I'm trying to get from one area of my design to another. Currently I have to reach up and touch the screen. It's been a huge issue for me. I understand the interface has been tailored for touch and I occasionally use it in that capacity, but when attached to the keyboard to make edits, I would love the ability to use the touchpad to navigate around my workspace the same way I would in say Photoshop for iPad, or any other app. Am I missing something?

Second, I'm having similar issues with the command and shift buttons. Those actually worked with the first release. The touch circles you've implemented are great emulators for the command+shift are great when not using a keyboard, but as I stated earlier, I don't always use my iPad that way when working. Especially when working with type. Say I want to use the command+shift to immediately drag an object and create a copy. It's a no go now. When I would hit either shift, or command, or both, the circles would highlight as though I was touching them. Now they no longer do that.

I know this is a little long winded, but I've been using my iPad Pro more and more for work as it is my preferred platform now. I would like to know if there is an issue with my software in particular or if these things were purposeful decisions.

And just to get the tech trouble shooting out of the way, I've tried disconecting and reconnecting, and restarting both the os and the app itself. None of these have solved the issues. 

For anyone reading this, thank you for taking the time. Help would be infinitely appreciated.

TJ

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Ok, maybe I AM a bit hard headed. The OPTION key solves the object copying issue. Maybe I'm a little overworked and a little mixed up when it comes to my shortcuts lol. That section of my post can be ignored. My apologies. 

The scrolling issue is the largest issue for me though. 

Again, thank you for your time. 

TJ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, maybe I AM a bit hard headed. The OPTION key solves the object copying issue. Maybe I'm a little overworked and a little mixed up when it comes to my shortcuts lol. That section of my post can be ignored. My apologies. 

The scrolling issue is the largest issue for me though. 

Again, thank you for your time. 

TJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the option key solved ONE of these problems and again, it was a brain-fart on my part.

Of the two things I addressed, THE SCROLLING ISSUE is by far the larger issue. Any word on this?

Cheers!

TJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear someone else is experiencing the same!

I find it really annoying that you can't pan around the document with the trackpad as in the Mac. It cannot be purposeful.

Also, I find it really tough to select a particular string of text, it's always a mess to get the right part selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel the same way and it is frustrating, why I cant copy objects on the same line using shift, or clicking straight lines with the pen tool with shift I use that ALOT on the desktop. The Magic Keyboard Option on Illustrator for the iPad feels "Incomplete".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've raise an issue. 

• Case number: ADB-26173792-C7S0
  • Issue: Performance

The Magic Keyboard is not working as you would expect with Illustrator on iPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user to Photoshop for Ipad.  Anyone know why the [ and ] doesn't work to change brush size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@christopherg27931032  schrieb:

New user to Photoshop for Ipad.  Anyone know why the [ and ] doesn't work to change brush size?

Please ask in a different forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines