• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressure sensitivity for blob brush?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Illustrator on the iPad, so I was watching some YouTube tutorials to get acclimated. It seems in previous versions of the app (or maybe it was just in Draw?), there was a pressure sensitivity setting for the blob brush. It seems to have been replaced by taper settings?

Would love to draw lines with variable widths using my Apple pencil on iPad. Is this possible with latest version of Illustrator?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressure sensitivity definitely works better in Draw than it currently does in Illustrator on the iPad.
The Basic terminal Blob Brush in Illustrator does allow variable widths though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sjaani. Very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually all of the blob brushes, even the basic round, have variable width. But, as @Sjaani said, they don't work very responsively in Illustrator for iPad. You need to go to the Brush Settings at the bottom of the toolbar, and within the Pressure Dynamics section, turn up the size to 100%. Also, go to the "Taper Ends" setting and increase  the Begin and End settings to 100% as well.

As well, you may have better results by changing the Smoothness setting to a higher number as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Michael. I appreciate the detailed instructions - I missed the Pressure Dynamics section in the brush settings! Super helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines