• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smooth / edit path in illustrator iPad

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know how to smooth a path in illustrator for iPad ? On the desktop version you can run the pencil tool over a path and it will edit and smooth a path....does the iPad app have an equivalent since running the pencil over just creates a new path...

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Gareth,

Yes, you can set the smoothing for Pencil in Illustrator on iPad. Please check this link to learn how.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gareth,

Yes, you can set the smoothing for Pencil in Illustrator on iPad. Please check this link to learn how.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Om 

I want to be able to edit multiple paths with the pencil tool like you can on the desktop....

only being able to edit individual anchor points and not multiple seems like a major oversight....has made the app pretty much unusable for me! 😞

Gareth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gareth,

Illustrator on the iPad is new and evolving. As Monika mentioned, the best way is to submit this as a feature request or upvote (which you already did). This helps us in prioritizing.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select a path witht the direct selection tool (or just some points) and then use the simplify command from the context sensitive task bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right but this user seems to be asking if there's a way to apply smoothing after the fact (rather than simplifying), like in the desktop app – those two seem to function differently on desktop and I would imagine would also function differently on here. It doesn't seem like there's a smooth tool that allows you to actually go along a specified path or portion of a path the way the current smooth tool on desktop allows you to do once the path is drawn. Is that something that might be developed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Right but this user seems to be asking if there's a way to apply smoothing after the fact "

Simplifying will smooth your path.

If you want to ask for a feature, you could go to the Illustrator for iPad App settings and then go to"Help" and then send a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lindsay23 gets what I'm saying!

I know you can set the smoothing of the path as you make it but I want to edit a path like you can with the pencil tool on the desktop .....

only being able to edit individual anchor points and not generally smooth out a path with the pencil tool is a major oversight IMO 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then your only chance is a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others have raised it there so I have added my vote to support it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want your vote counted, then use the channels the app offers. Otherwise your vote will get lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines