• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Star shapes

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to draw a star (other polygonal) shapes with more anchor points than with thouse intitially assinged to standard shapes

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

I assume you are talking about how the desktop version allows you to customize how many points are on a star or how it allows you to create pentagons, octagons, etc. The best way I have found to do this is by using the radial repeat tool. If you draw out a triangle and with your triangle selected, select the radial repeat tool you can create and adjust a star with more anchor points. If you drag up or down on the arrow button I indicated in the picture you can adjust how many points you want. Wh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume you are talking about how the desktop version allows you to customize how many points are on a star or how it allows you to create pentagons, octagons, etc. The best way I have found to do this is by using the radial repeat tool. If you draw out a triangle and with your triangle selected, select the radial repeat tool you can create and adjust a star with more anchor points. If you drag up or down on the arrow button I indicated in the picture you can adjust how many points you want. When you have finished adjusting your star you can expand your radial repeat and combine all in the pathfinder panel. At the very bottom of your pathfinder panel click convert to path. Then you can go in with the direct selection tool and delete the middle hole created in the circle. What I did to create the hexagon below was I drew out a straight horizontal line and created a radial repeat. I then used the arrow button on the side of the repeat to adjust how many sides I wanted, expanded the radial repeat, and in the pathfinder panel I clicked on divid all. That gave me a hexagon which I then filled in with a color. I don't have much experience with the app so I don't know if there is an easier way of doing this, but I hope this helps.D4DBCDD2-A1E3-4B24-9A8D-3B730878697D.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines