• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Expand an object

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selecting an object and when I bring up the object menu (not sure what it is called), the expand menu item is always grayed out. How can I expand an object?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip,

Expand is available only with Repeat options at the moment. You can try another workflow - Stroke > Outline as a workaround for now.

Please feel free to submit this as a feature request here.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expand is not the same as create stroke outline.  And stroke outline is also grayed out and not available.  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip,

In the image that you attached, create stroke outline is NOT grayed out. and yes int this case it IS the same. you are expanding your stroke into a vector path!  

I hope I made it clear otherwise explain more so we know what exaclty do you want to achieve by expanding.😄

Cheers,

Sahar Heu

I teach Adobe Illustrtor on iPad on Skillshare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I go about creating a stroke outline for this intersected shape created with ShapeBuilder?  Stroke Outline is grayed out.6D2E43A1-3D22-4F62-9385-67C7A8F361C4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I have to ungroup the object after I ShapeBuild it to get stroke outline to show up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

exactly! that always groups the devided part and you should ungroup first. it is the same story on the desktop version. I am glad theat you figure it out. enjoy your drawing.

I teach Adobe Illustrtor on iPad on Skillshare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines