Upgraded to 14.3 and now AI iPad keeps disappearing flyout menus. BUG

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deleted the Illustrator on the Ipad app. Rebooted. Redownloaded the app.  I've made bluetooth forget the Apple Pencil. Re-paired it. I even did a hard reboot. Options for Apple pencil are off in Settings.

In the app, my pencil and my finger cannot select anything from fly out menus because they instantly disappear.  I can sometimes blindly select something and it works, but the menu instantly disappears. I can hold the pencil tool icon and the fly out appears, but I cannot select it.

Layers panel works -- meaning I can click on it and it will stay open until I click again. 

Properties panel works

Precision panel works

Every other flyout menu item does not, including the color picker and smoothing. 

I can still draw, can edit. On a selected shape, I can move it, duplicated it, delete it, but opacity, stroke, layer order disappear immediately. I can, however,  lock and change layer order in Layers panel. 

Ipad Pro 10.5 inch.   IOS.  14.3   

I have no issues with Inkpad app. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For whatever reason, the app started working like normal today.  BUT....

But I created a little pug and used the shape builder tool to carve out a round shape and now I cannot select the grouped item by the arrow tool or by direct select tool.  I assume it's because it was converted to a path, which might explain why only the pen and pencil and eraser tool work. I just want to resize it, but I can't. I made it very small when I started. I don't know if that's part of the problem. But it annoys me that I cannot select the pug at all. I don't think it should be working this way.  

I rebooted the app and I restarted my iPad pro, but I find that I cannot draw anything else in the file. I can't make shapes. I can't even change the color without it snapping back to what it was before (which was no color). 

This app is an unnecessarily frustrating. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines