• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is so special about iPad Air and iPad Air 2?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I install Illustrator or Photoshop on an iPad Air or iPad Air2.  My iPad Air2 meets all the requirements.   But it says "this device is not compatible with our app."   Yet on the list of compatible devices, we see the old versions of iPad Pro are much older than an iPad Air 2.  What's so [removed special about an iPad Air 1 &  2 that it can't install these apps?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

These forums are mostly supported by other users. We often have no idea why Adobe makes the choices they do. I'd suggest in future though that you are less insulting in your posts and people may choose to offer you a response sooner.

Can only guess that the different devices have different hardware, some of which will run some apps, others it will not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These forums are mostly supported by other users. We often have no idea why Adobe makes the choices they do. I'd suggest in future though that you are less insulting in your posts and people may choose to offer you a response sooner.

Can only guess that the different devices have different hardware, some of which will run some apps, others it will not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I block people on this message board?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Umar5C5C wrote:

Why can't I install Illustrator or Photoshop on an iPad Air or iPad Air2.  My iPad Air2 meets all the requirements.

Here are the system requirements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/illustrator/system-requirements-ios.html

You say that you iPad Air 2 meets all the requiremts, but one of the requirements is that it appear in this list and it doesn't.

Your iPad must meet the minimum technical specifications outlined below to install and use Illustrator.

Minimum specifications

iPad model

• iPad Pro 12.9 inch (4th generation)
  • iPad Pro 12.9 inch (3rd generation)
  • iPad Pro 12.9 inch (2nd generation)
  • iPad Pro 12.9 inch (1st generation)
  • iPad Pro 11 inch (2nd generation)
  • iPad Pro 11 inch (1st generation)
  • iPad Pro 10.5 inch
  • iPad Pro 9.7 inch
  • iPad Air (3rd generation)
  • iPad Mini (5th generation)
  • iPad (7th generation)
  • iPad (6th generation)

Here are the versions of the iPad Air. Only the 3rd and 4th generation iPad Airs are capable of running Illustrator for iPad.

iPad Air
Model Size Released
iPad Air (1st) 9.7" 2013-11-01
iPad Air 2 9.7" 2014-10-22
iPad Air (3rd) 10.5" 2019-03-18
iPad Air (4th) 10.9" 2020-10-23

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Umar5C5C wrote:

Why can't I install Illustrator or Photoshop on an iPad Air or iPad Air2. 

I have Photoshop for iPad running on my iPad Air 2. Notice that it is at the very bottom of the list. Possibly it will stop working when newer versions come out. I bought a new iPad last November for Illustrator.

The bottom line is the if it will install and run, then it works. If you get an error message, it doesn't.

4339A137-7EFB-483D-BF98-1DB779C10BC2.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines