• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1000 dpi resolution image import fails ( Photoshop image import to illustrator ) ....

Explorer ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to prepare printfiles for xlarge banners as vector pdf, they have to be scale 1 to 10 in 1000 dpi resolutiuon. Therefore I have to import and place an 1000 dpi resolution Photoshop eps into my Illustrator vector graphic. This process fails. In former versions of Illustrator this was possible. At the moment with the actual version of Illustrator I can only import 800 dpi resolution images. How can I do this without error message in 1000 dpi. I coercively have to produce with 1000 dpi.

Thanks for help and answers.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the placed image’s pixel dimensions? 

I have no problem placing an image with 1000ppi, I wonder if the issue might be the pixel dimensions rather than the resolution. 

If the issue is indeed the resolution you could place an image with 500ppi resolution and scale it to 50% as a work-around. 

Why are you creating eps from Photoshop? That format is not unproblematic and nowadays seldom used. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, the dimensions of the Photoshop images is bigger than the canvas size of the Illustrator. The eps from Photoshop is the producers choice, but I can use tif with lzw as well, but this import also does not work in Illustrator.Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-06 um 10.47.21.png

Ah I see, I can adjust the scale ... I will try it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines