Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

16gb RAM laptop Illustrator constantly crashing

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator constantly crashing.

hi im all new to this, i invested in 16gb laptop ram and illustrator is constantly crashing. have contacted adobe chat online and it wasnt very helpful even though they tried stuff and went through it but they wanted to do remote access which i wasnt happy about for safety reasons.

amd ryzen 7

16gb ram

windows 10

64 bit operating system

please send any help my way as i only can see if it doesnt resolve then ill have to get refund on laptop and adobe creative cloud package i paid for. thanks!!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Performance , Print and publish , Scripting , SDK , Sync and storage , Third party plugins , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be happy to help.

Please make sure you have OS and GPU driver updated to the latest version.

Also, let us know:

1. If it is crashing on a specific file or action?

2. Do you work on files saved on network?

I'd suggest creating a new user account on the machine(https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...) and see how Illustrator works in the new account. Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, we have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If that doesn't help, try steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines