2019 illustrator has question mark on icon and will not open

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Illustrator 2019 because one of my plug-ins will not run on higher versions. It has been running fine for a while now but today i have a question mark on the icon to launch it and it will not open.

Can someone tell what is going on.

Thank you

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question mark on the icon generally means that either the application is corrupt or uninstalled. Please verify if the application is indeed installed. You can check so via the Creative Cloud app, it shows all the versions of the program installed on the computer.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I suspect this i with a Mac operating system. I get this everytime there is an upgrade (not just update) of the software. I remove the question mark from the dock, create a new shortcut for the new version of the software.

If the upgrade replaced your old software you can use the Creative Cloud software to install older versions and keep using your plugin.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I agree with earlier responses. Please follow instructions given on this Apple article(https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mh35859/mac) to create a new shortcut. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines