Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2021 update not saving .ai files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys! 

I've updated to the 2021 software. -And un-installed/re-installed- but still having the same issue. For some reason Ai will not let me save my files as .ai. It works to save it as a .eps or .pdf but freaks out anytime I try to save ANYTHING as an .ai. It's the same for newly created documents and trying to save updated files from previous versions. I'm not the only one on my team having this issue.

Also myriad pro isn't reading either. Just shows up as blank space. The text is there just doesn't show anything. Not sure if that's connected just wanted to voice that point. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Where are you saving files? If not on your harddisk, please try that first.

Didyou reset the preferences after updating? Please do that as well (rename the folder): https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Do you use font management? It might need an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you saving files? If not on your harddisk, please try that first.

Didyou reset the preferences after updating? Please do that as well (rename the folder): https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Do you use font management? It might need an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll give this a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having teh same problem with Myraid Pro - just shoing as blacnk boxes with no way to edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just updated my preferences with the keyboard shortcut and it fixed my text probelm - -  Alt+Control+Shift as you open Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines