• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

24.2 Original files crashing Illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Adobe Illustrator 24.2; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
Intel core i7 6700K @ 4.00 GHz
32.0GB Dual-channel RAM @ 1500MHz
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU

Since the update to 24.2, I cannot open any .ai files without Illustrator crashing; it requests me to relink my files or confirm the colour mode of embedded images and then stops responding. 
I am doing time-sensitive work, please look into this. Sometimes it will allow me to open Illustrator by itself, but then crashes when opening through it.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

After some investigating, I've just discovered that if you don't have GPU performance support on, Illustrator is crashing upon opening .ai files whether through the file or from Illustrator File>Open... So when my GPU was being upgraded I had to go with on-board motherboard graphics for a few days which meant I couldn't use GPU performance support so, fortunately having received my GPU I can now use Illustrator but that's not fair on anyone using in-built or onboard graphics!

Needs fixing immedia

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Illustrator launch correctly?

Is a printer connected, set up as default printer and turned on?

If not, please set up a PDF printer. Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After some investigating, I've just discovered that if you don't have GPU performance support on, Illustrator is crashing upon opening .ai files whether through the file or from Illustrator File>Open... So when my GPU was being upgraded I had to go with on-board motherboard graphics for a few days which meant I couldn't use GPU performance support so, fortunately having received my GPU I can now use Illustrator but that's not fair on anyone using in-built or onboard graphics!

Needs fixing immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines