• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Extrude & Bevel - Not Enough RAM

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the 3D Extrude & Bevel effect, but it keeps telling me that I don't have enough RAM. It was doing the same last night until I updated Illustrator, and then it worked fine, but today its gone back to what it was doing before. Currently have 8GB of RAM which seems fine for what I'm trying. Any way to get this to stop, or a work-around?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version is this?

Can you show a screenshot of the object and of the settings for 3D?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-08-10 12_29_25-Window.png2018-08-10 12_29_58-Window.png2018-08-10 12_30_08-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need that stroke? Strokes tend to cause issues in 3D effects, because they create overlaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what I'm trying to do, I'd need it. I did try without the stroke though, and the same error message came up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHen was your last computer restart?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 GB should be plenty - unless something else is already using it.

I'd try doing some housework on the computer, close other programs, stop them running on start up, clear a chunk of space on the hard drive, run a free cleaner tool eg Ccleaner, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please create a new thread.

Tell us your system, version and hardware specifications and show a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue using 3d/Extrude & Bevel, and when I adjust the gradient I get this message. 

I'm using the latest version of Win10 Pro(64-bit), Illistrator 25.0.1(64-bit), 64gb Ram, 1TB M.2SSD (primary), 1TB SSD (secondary), NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB Ram,version 27.21.14.6089) Adobe AI inst enough memory.JPG  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please create a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem through every CC version, Windows 7 and 10, and two separate computers.

Recently I discovered it only occured when Google Chrome was open. On the offchance something similar is happening, shut down other software one at a time and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It is working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem to and I'm using the 2023 one I just updated my illustaor 5 minutes ago and i'm going to see if its still saying it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so it worked after I updated it I didn't see the message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines