• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Extrude Effect Imprefections and Artefacts

Participant ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! Working on the following graphic, I've discovered the 3D Extrude and Bevell effect brings up these weird imprefections.  I was wondering if this is normal for that filter or perhaps I'm not doing something right?

Screenshot 2020-12-26 000657.png

Please see the effect settings below:

VahePogossian_0-1608938101204.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answer in this case is that you're using a gradient fill, and that causes difficulties. The more complex the artwork the higher the likelihood of weird things happening in the 3D effects — I don't think these have been changed in decades, nor is it a focal point for heavy use among Illustrator users — and sometimes, probably not this time, a small change of rotation on one axis will fix an issue. You may find that it works better for you to apply the 3D effect to a path with a solid color fill, expand the appearance of the result, and apply the gradients to the fill of the expanded shapes.

Peter

tromboniator_0-1608949508310.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines