• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Font in Illustrator

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to edit a text as explained in this video by adobe: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/illustrator/how-to/3d-lettering-illustrator.html?playlist=/services/playl...

It is about creating a form with the blend tool and use the new form as a font i put on a letter i painted with the brush tool. The problem is that i can only change the font in that way letter by letter means i have to select one letter and the form, combine it and go on with the next letter, meaning if i want to edit a 100 letter text have to do the process 100 times... Is there a way to select the form and all of the letters at once and change it?

Thx!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be ways to optimize the process for some combinations of letters/ words, but ultimately there are limitations due to how the blend tool works to begin with. You have to come to terms with the fact that creating art can be extremely laborious and tedious, even more so when it comes to creating complex 3D illusions. Other than that of course you can experiment with alternate techniques like gradient-based custom strokes and art brushes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to good information shared above, I'd request checking out this help article as well to know more about fonts & troubleshooting.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines