Highlighted

3D perspective grid tool vanishing point manipulation

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone can tell how to maniplate the vanishing points on the grid tool. I'm using a 3 point perspective and want the 2 vanishing points on the horizon line equal to each other. For instance, I want to bring the vanishing point towards the center and I want the other point to be proportional. Is there a key I should be holding down or some menu option I need to adjust?

Would love some insight.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by federico_platon | Adobe Community Professional

To change from a 3p perspective to 2p perspective:

Menu: View>Perspective Grid

Do you want th bring closer the two vanishing points, both at the same time? I do not think there is any key modificator that does it.

If you move just one vanishing point, the whole Perspective Grid displays displaced to one side, ok, just click on one of the end points on the line across the central point, grids crossing, and you will be able to move the whole Perspective Grid around. 

Well, the answer to your question is:

1. View: Perspective Grid>Lock Station Point

2. View: Perspective Grid>Define grid: In Viewing Distance change the value and both ends get further or closer the same amount.

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

3D perspective grid tool vanishing point manipulation

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone can tell how to maniplate the vanishing points on the grid tool. I'm using a 3 point perspective and want the 2 vanishing points on the horizon line equal to each other. For instance, I want to bring the vanishing point towards the center and I want the other point to be proportional. Is there a key I should be holding down or some menu option I need to adjust?

Would love some insight.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by federico_platon | Adobe Community Professional

Do you want th bring closer the two vanishing points, both at the same time? I do not think there is any key modificator that does it.

If you move just one vanishing point, the whole Perspective Grid displays displaced to one side, ok, just click on one of the end points on the line across the central point, grids crossing, and you will be able to move the whole Perspective Grid around. 

2. View: Perspective Grid>Define grid: In Viewing Distance change the value and both ends get further or closer the same amount.

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines