Highlighted

A lot of posts missing from Adobe forums

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, ever since Adobe updated the design on these forums, there's been a whole lot of posts in search results on google that only redirect to the home page of Adobe's community support instead of going to the actual post page. This is really annoying as there's so many wonderful posts with very useful information that I NEED to read to fix my tech & scripting issues that I can't access anymore.

Here's a couple examples from this google selection: 

clipboard_image_0.png

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2144605

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1505544

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1416971

I need info from these posts and they just redirect to home instead of even so much as throwing a 404 or anything. Where did these posts run off to? Does Adobe not care that we need these posts, even if they're older?

Or did they move them? How do we find them? Searching the post names on the forums brings up nothing.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by CarlosCanto | Adobe Community Professional

yeah, there was an anouncement about that. I believe posts between 8/22 and 9/9 weren't going to make it to the new platform.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install, Bug, Feature request, How to, Import and export, Performance, Print and publish, Scripting, SDK, Sync and storage, Tools, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

A lot of posts missing from Adobe forums

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, ever since Adobe updated the design on these forums, there's been a whole lot of posts in search results on google that only redirect to the home page of Adobe's community support instead of going to the actual post page. This is really annoying as there's so many wonderful posts with very useful information that I NEED to read to fix my tech & scripting issues that I can't access anymore.

Here's a couple examples from this google selection: 

clipboard_image_0.png

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2144605

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1505544

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1416971

I need info from these posts and they just redirect to home instead of even so much as throwing a 404 or anything. Where did these posts run off to? Does Adobe not care that we need these posts, even if they're older?

Or did they move them? How do we find them? Searching the post names on the forums brings up nothing.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by CarlosCanto | Adobe Community Professional

yeah, there was an anouncement about that. I believe posts between 8/22 and 9/9 weren't going to make it to the new platform.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install, Bug, Feature request, How to, Import and export, Performance, Print and publish, Scripting, SDK, Sync and storage, Tools, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2019 5
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 2
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google cache & https://web.archive.org/ both work for this for now.

Go here to get autoconvert url to cache bookmarklets:

https://ostermiller.org/bookmarklets/cache.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for sharing this tip! I'm brand new to Adobe Acrobat, and it's so frustrating to see Google search results that seem to answer my question but then are inaccessible. I hope Adobe will choose to fix this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And "old" stuff, more than about 3 years or so, seems not to be accessible at this point.

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's absolutely ridiculous... Adobe needs to fix this! How am I going to fix all the issues I'm having in Illustrator?! There's tons of issues I have almost every day in Illustrator because of how complicated a lot of the art I get from customers is, and I can no longer look the issues up and fix it because all the posts that were complicated enough to answer my issues were mostly years in the past. My questions are extremely complex and very specific, so much that there's usually only one question in history that answered it. Now more than 9/10 of those questions are REMOVED!! I can't believe this. Right now I'm having an issue where a design I need to screenprint is not trimming as expected and it's working the exact same as divide rather than trim, and even divide is having funky issues. And you know where the only question is that might have answered this issue? Gone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank heavens, I just remembered about Google Cache. This will at least work for now. Wayback Machine also seems to be archiving some of it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 0
Engaged ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The older community was much easier to search and find content. This new version is, well, terrible. Deleting all the old posts was such a massive mistake. Whoever made the choice must not ever use adobe products. Marketing person? Marketing person. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 9
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are so right. When I actually find the answer I want (or at least something that looks like the answer) it brings me back to the main community page. So not helpful. I will likely stop using the forums now. It wastes so much time trying to find anything close and then it ends up being for another application instead of the one I had filtered. Big thumbs down Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 2
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really, really hope they aren't gone forever. Long live the way-back-when machine!

The new search function does not appear to be very good...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2019 1
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't. Also missing: rich text in replies. Sup with that? Ohh look at that if I edit my post it gives me the rich text option. Adobe! Why?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2019 1