• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A very frustrating issue with touch mode...

New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. This time it happened and it won't go away:

I'm using a Surface Pro 6 with Illustrator in touch mode. I can sometimes use two fingers to pan, pinch to zoom out, and split to zoom in. I have an image file and I opened it with Illustrator, then entered touch mode, set up my pencil, and started manually tracing* parts of the image. Then, I wanted to pan or zoom but can't because the path I just made is selected and that gets moved or scaled or whatever other change corresponds to the gestures. Other times the background (the image) is the one that moves or scales when I try to pinch, pan, or split. I've tried clicking somewhere else on the screen with the pen, the selection tool, the group selection tool, etc. I'm very new to Illustrator... and I don't entirely know what I'm doing. Help!

* not Image Tracing

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you need to adjust pen sensitivity.

But maybe you want to have Customer Care take a look at it? THey can loginto your system to see what is going on.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the Help page about Adobe Illustrator's touch features:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/illustrator-touch-workspace.html

Take good note of the last section of this page, about Gestures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines