• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to paste text "content" and not formatting

Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to be able to copy text and paste it over other text without pasting the formatting.

E.g. I have 2 point text objects, both have different appearances.

If I highlight the text from the first and paste it over the second, the appearance gets pasted as well.

I'd like to be able to keep the second object's appearance intact.

Hate to bring up Corel DRAW again, but Corel lets you do what I'm asking for.

Seems to me if you want to copy some text and include its appearance then you'd just duplicate the whole object.

But if I use the Text Tool and highlight the text and then copy, it does the same exact thing.

Knowhattamean?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean, it does not hide selected text, but it hides the text selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ton. Yeah, I've already upvoted the feature request on every thread. It continues to get ignored. The only suggestion by Adobe is to disable GPU Processing. Obviously not an ideal solution. There are many threads from various websites regarding that feature alone. Not sure how many upvotes a blatantly obvious feature requires. Honestly, not sure why something that obvious should go un-noticed by Adobe for years now anyway. It's as if the developers don't even use the software. If they did, they'd know how annoying some of these multi-year oversights are and just fix them. Not sure why Adobe even got rid of the ability to hide selected text to begin with. Cmd D use to perform that function with highlighted text. I should learn though that complaining does nothing in these forums. And either does upvoting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiding the text selection is pretty useful when adjusting the details.

As well as hiding the selection in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first paste it into the "Attributes Panel" notes field and re-copy. I agree, there should be a simple option to "paste without formatting".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're in 2020 and I can't enough surprise for lack of these kinds of basic features nowadays in Illustrator compare with other design software. The subscription prices are not worthy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still not done????!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you or anyone post it in Uservoice?

Because that's where the developers read and discuss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 12.00.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dmytro,

your screenshot shows a Photoshop menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines