Ability to scale?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have an assignment for a few ads, my employer wants them to have the ability to scale. For example "5.75” wide x 10.5” high, with the ability to scale to an 1/8th"

I feel dumb asking what this means so was hoping someone could walk me through it? Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export, Print and publish

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a huge amount to go on there, but i'd say keep everythign vector in your design if you can, that means it can be scaled without any loss of detail, don't use placed images if ypou can to keep things simple, or if you do need to, make sure they are large enough that if the layout gets scaled up, they dont end up being too low resolution. If you are using text in th eoriginal sized layout, make sure it's not going to be too small to read or print if the dsign is scaled to 1/8th of its current size. If you are including bleed in the design for print set up, use enough that when the design is scaled down you still have enough 'over' the outside edges of the layout that you retain 2mm bleed, so maybe at the full size ( effectively 8x larger than the smallest size it may get used ) you allow at least a 16mm safe zone and take your bleed from that, just to be safe then if its scaled down to 1/8th size it will still retain enough 'safe' margin around the important stuff for bleed/trim.

That's about all I can think thy may help you for now. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines