Highlighted

Action to resize artboard on different sized artwork

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if it is possible to make an action that will make the current artboard(sizes will vary from artwork to artwork) add an inch to the top and and inch to the bottom.  I'm making digital murals for wallcovering, and put installation information on the top and bottom of each file. But each wall and each job the dimensions are different. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Action to resize artboard on different sized artwork

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if it is possible to make an action that will make the current artboard(sizes will vary from artwork to artwork) add an inch to the top and and inch to the bottom.  I'm making digital murals for wallcovering, and put installation information on the top and bottom of each file. But each wall and each job the dimensions are different. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could create an action to enlarge the artboard by tricking Illustrator with a rectangle.

Draw a rectangle that is exactly the same size as the original artboard. Select the rectangle and start the Action. Since the artboard size will vary, do not type a specific measurement. Instead use '+ 1' for W and H, and let Illustrator do the math.

Then choose Object > Artboards > Fit to Artwork Bounds.

Optionally, you could delete the rectangle.

End the Action.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't save me a step just makes me take a different step. Might actually take longer. Currently I just go to the artboard and type +2 in the height.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do this, but the following won't show up in the action: Object > Artboards > Fit to Artwork Bounds.

It just pretends I did not click the function. What do I have to do to get it to work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0