Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Actions save location?

Participant ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Really dumb question probably, but I'm stuck. When I save a user action where can I find it?

Also, can I edit the action to have a neutral save location like /data_set_file/ instead of my HD path?
Thanks

Rob

practice safe design | use a concept ~ Petrula Vrontikis
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that your query was resolved. You can save the Action Set at your preffered location.

• Select a set. 
    Note: If you want to save a single action, first create an action set and move the action to the new set.
  • Choose Save Actions from the Actions panel menu.
    Save Action.png

• Type a name for the set, choose a location, and click Save. You can save the file anywhere. You can save only the entire contents of a set in the Actions panel, not individual actions.

For more detail, please check out this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/automation-actions.html

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti
I mean the physical location on my computer, not the location of a menu item to allow me to save them.

Basically teh path to the action file.

Thanks

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob,

recorded actions are stored/embedded in the general Illustrator Preferences file.

You may extract them from there, but this can be a bit cumbersome because a lot of other settings are there at the same time.

Therefore, in case you are going to share the actions, it is recommendable to save the action sets as .aia files, so you or someone else can easily import them through the Actions palette flyout menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi (SORRY THIS IS DUPICATED, THERE WAS A BUG THAT DIDN"T SHOW MY POSTS)
Can someone tell me where I can find the Action Script I just created in the Actions Panel, in my Finder (Mac OS/ latest illustrator)?
I can't seem to find it in my Library or application folders.

Also, is it possible to edit the action Save As comment to have a more generic path than the specific one it created; like ../file_location/ ?

Thanks

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines