• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activated fonts not showing up in Illustrator

Participant ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have activated several fonts online now for Illustrator 25.0.1 but many of them - whilst saying they have been activated, are, not in fact showing up.  I have logged out both online and in Illustrator CC 2021 and signed in again but still no go.  I have even un-activated to see whether the font will show but it still doesn't.  The font I was particularly after is ITC Avant Garde Gothic.  However, this is not the only font that isn't showing.  Can somebody please suggest what I may do to rectify the issue please?  I am on a MacBook Pro 16inch Retina 2019 should that make any difference.

Thank you.

Sister Sabina

Sr. Sabina
TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which online service did you use to activate the fonts?

Do you have font management installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't have anything installed other than Mac's Font Book.  Should I be using something else? I have found one problem which I am in the process of following up.  I have "Little Snitch" installed and it blocks Adobe when I try to install new apps.  When I "exit" Kaskpersky I am able to install new apps so perhaps this is the reason why.  I have posted to Kaskpersky's forum to see but no reply as yet unfortunately.  

Sabina

Sr. Sabina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the added information. You're fine with Fontbook. Font managers usually add to issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been in touch with Kaskpersky and got the following reply from one of their employees:

"This problem is not with your antivirus or firewall. Problem/bug in the macOS 11.  We don't know when Apple will fix this problem. You can ask this at Apple Support. But according to our information, this should be fixed in the macOS 11.2 or newer."  

So unless I am prepared to uninstall my antivirus software and Little Snitch I am unable to connect to Adobe Assets or download any fonts for that matter.  Why do we have these problems when we pay extremely good money each month for a subscription only to find that the program doesn't work as it should.

Has anybody else solved this problem or found a work around?

Thanking you

Sabina

Sr. Sabina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a community dedicated to Adobe Fonts. Maybe they have more info on how to deal with your specific situation: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/bd-p/fonts?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines