Activating Illustrator CS2

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe Illustrator CS2 years ago and have kept the CD and box.  I was able to put the program on my laptop but I cannot activate it anymore.  Is there a way around this?  I LOVED Illustrator!!

TOPICS
Activation billing and install, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020
Hi Kevin, Thanks for reaching out. Our aging activation servers for earlier versions of Creative Suite (CS) applications had to be retired. Without the activation servers, these applications display an activation or connection error when trying to verify a license. Please check out community post https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/activation-server-shut-down-for-creative-suite-2-acrobat-7-and-macromedia-products/td-p/5056501?page=1 for more details on this. I'd recommend using latest v...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reaching out. Our aging activation servers for earlier versions of Creative Suite (CS) applications had to be retired. Without the activation servers, these applications display an activation or connection error when trying to verify a license. Please check out community post https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/activation-server-shut-down-for-creative-suite-2-acrobat-... for more details on this.

I'd recommend using latest version of Adobe app. You may try the latest version on https://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/free-trial-download.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so the $426.93 i paid for this means nothing???? 

now it is only by subscription????

Seriously?!?!?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 was released in April 2005, so you got 16 years of service out of it, which comes to about $26-27 per year. You can continue to use it if it is still installed on your old computer; but there is no way to activate it on a new computer.

~ Jane

(forum volunteer)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the part I don't care for with adobe. Your customer service in this area needs a lot of work.

You're a multi-cagillion dollar company, supporting previous versions must be obtainable. What gets me the most is that those who were born on illustrator 5.5, or earlier, helped make adobe what it is today.

I'd say, take better care of your customers, but I know adobe doesn't care, because you don't have to...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines