Highlighted

Active Object is 'Sent Backward' when using Windows Active desktop shortcut (CTRL + Win + Arrow)

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently switched from my office computer which has 2 monitors to my wfh setup that utilizes only 1. So I've been heavily relying on the Windows 10 virtual desktops. Essentially I can run a full-screen Illustrator window and switch back to a full-screen browser window quickly by pressing CTRL + WIN + Left Arrow / Right Arrow.

It seems like the active object that I have selected in Illustrator is being sent back one layer when I start pressing the CTRL + WIN combination. Looking at the total list of Ai shortcuts there should be no reason why this behavior is happening.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Myra_Ferguson | Adobe Community Professional

Yep, I was able to reproduce that on my Windows 10 machine. It didn't show up as reported on Uservoice. so I added it. You can upvote it. Uservoice is where the product team/engineers look to prioritize feature requests and bugs. The forums are seen by staff, volunteers, and other users. 

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Active Object is 'Sent Backward' when using Windows Active desktop shortcut (CTRL + Win + Arrow)

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently switched from my office computer which has 2 monitors to my wfh setup that utilizes only 1. So I've been heavily relying on the Windows 10 virtual desktops. Essentially I can run a full-screen Illustrator window and switch back to a full-screen browser window quickly by pressing CTRL + WIN + Left Arrow / Right Arrow.

It seems like the active object that I have selected in Illustrator is being sent back one layer when I start pressing the CTRL + WIN combination. Looking at the total list of Ai shortcuts there should be no reason why this behavior is happening.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Myra_Ferguson | Adobe Community Professional

Yep, I was able to reproduce that on my Windows 10 machine. It didn't show up as reported on Uservoice. so I added it. You can upvote it. Uservoice is where the product team/engineers look to prioritize feature requests and bugs. The forums are seen by staff, volunteers, and other users. 

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines