• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Colors to Swatches from CC Library. Doubles swatches and converts to Spot Color.

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently created a color library for our company brand on the CC for my team to use across all applications to maintain some better consistency. I am not sure why this is happening but it seems like an old issue within Illustrator. Does anyone have any tips or solution planned for this? 
https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/31943515-gl...

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

The only workaround I know to avoid this is creating an object filled with the global color and drag the object to a library.

In a new document you need to Alt-drag it to the artboard and delete the object.

The global color swatch will be added to the Swatches panel.

You can use this technique for multiple filled objects and add them together as a single item to the CC Library (and it works for spot colors. patterns and gradients too).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround I know to avoid this is creating an object filled with the global color and drag the object to a library.

In a new document you need to Alt-drag it to the artboard and delete the object.

The global color swatch will be added to the Swatches panel.

You can use this technique for multiple filled objects and add them together as a single item to the CC Library (and it works for spot colors. patterns and gradients too).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"In a new document you need to Alt-drag it to the artboard and delete the object.

The global color swatch will be added to the Swatches panel."

Another way: Alt-drag it to the artboard, don't click to place the object, but hit Escape.

No objects are placed (so you don't need to delete them), but the swatches are added to the Swatches panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines