• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add pages to a multiple page layout in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am trying to edit a PDF file in Adobe Illustrator. It has 64 pages but I would like to add severall pages in the middle. How do I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Go to Window> Artboards, and open the fly-out menu, create a new artboard or duplicate an existing one, drag it into the desired position in the Artboards panel, then click on Rearrange All Artboards. If you go to Artboard Options and set them to view as a single column, the artboards will appear a bit more like InDesign pages.

Personally, I would place the PDF into InDesign using the place multipage PDF script and add new pages there, then export to a new PDF.

Artboards.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do that in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But If do that in Acrobat it makes some deformations in the document. That's why I don't want to do it there..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of deformations?

In what application it was created?

Which PDF viewer do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is not a valid PDF editor.

Illustrator can only edit those PDFs which were created in Illustrator with Illustrator's edit cpabilities.

With all other PDFs you will cause damage.

Go back to the original application and do there the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I said PDF because I have the habit to call PDF files do everything that is done in Adobe files. The file I am talking about was created in Adobe Illustrator but not by me. Since I am new in Illustrator, that's way I'm asking this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the Illustrator editing capabilities saved with this file? Yes?, then open in Illustrator (check if the version is NOT newer than your's). No?, ask for a new PDF or the original AI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window> Artboards, and open the fly-out menu, create a new artboard or duplicate an existing one, drag it into the desired position in the Artboards panel, then click on Rearrange All Artboards. If you go to Artboard Options and set them to view as a single column, the artboards will appear a bit more like InDesign pages.

Personally, I would place the PDF into InDesign using the place multipage PDF script and add new pages there, then export to a new PDF.

Artboards.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great tip! Save me a lot of work! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi António,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

antónioj65797935  wrote

Hi. I am trying to edit a PDF file in Adobe Illustrator. It has 64 pages but I would like to add severall pages in the middle. How do I do that?

Illustrator does not have pages. It only has artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines