• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding a font from word to illustrator

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

word has a font called modern love, can this font be added to illustrator?

how do i do this? thank you

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Fonts can be embedded in a Word document.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/290952/how-to-embed-a-truetype-font-in-a-document

I'm not sure how to get it out of the document. You can try and rename the .docx to .zip. Then unzip the package andsearch its contents. But the font might not be available that way just as is the case in a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version are you using? If you are on a Windows machine and the font is correctly installed, it should be available in the system font list and in AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts can be embedded in a Word document.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/290952/how-to-embed-a-truetype-font-in-a-document

I'm not sure how to get it out of the document. You can try and rename the .docx to .zip. Then unzip the package andsearch its contents. But the font might not be available that way just as is the case in a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think you may need to license it first for a fee: https://www.fonts.com/font/resistenza/modern-love/regular

Do check extensively to see if any offical font websites have a less expensive or free version.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to good information shared above, I'd request checking out this help article as well to know more about fonts & troubleshooting.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines