• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Special Characters

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to add a "schwa" or "ə" as a character in one of my texts boxes. I keep getting a box with an X through it. Is there anyway to circumvent this?

TOPICS
Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Just wanted to make sure you know about the Glyphs panel which is found under the Type menu. This panel allows you to view all of the characters within your fonts. With your cursor active inside some text, double clicking on a character within the Glyphs panel will insert that character.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try finding a font that has these characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many fonts with this character, but the default Myriad does not have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to make sure you know about the Glyphs panel which is found under the Type menu. This panel allows you to view all of the characters within your fonts. With your cursor active inside some text, double clicking on a character within the Glyphs panel will insert that character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate answer correct.

If you used any other method, please share it here. It'll help other users having similar concern.

If you still have issues, let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines