Highlighted

Adding Stroke to a Pointed Path?

Contributor ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often times, when I add a stroke to a path with sharp endpoints the outline will be squared off. I've tried changing the stroke cap, but nothing seems to help. Please see the attached screenshot. What am I doing wrong?

Topics

Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding Stroke to a Pointed Path?

Contributor ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often times, when I add a stroke to a path with sharp endpoints the outline will be squared off. I've tried changing the stroke cap, but nothing seems to help. Please see the attached screenshot. What am I doing wrong?

Topics

Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A sharp corner point in that instance might end up absurdly long. You can decide how long it gets before being mitred using the mitre limit in the Stroke panel. The default is 10 -- a point 10 times as long as the stroke width.

If that isn't what you want either, you might consider aligning the stroke to the inside of the path instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try increasing the "Limit" in the Stroke panel. 

Untitled-2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DRock22, that worked perfectly. Thank you. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
DRock22 LATEST
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic! Glad it worked! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines