Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust height of rectangle shapes to match

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AI pros,

I'm redesigning my CV on Illustrator and got into a little challenge. I've got rectangles shapes stack next to each other. I can see that the size/height of the 2nd row rectangles are smaller than the rest. I want to simply adjust all my shapes to have a matching height. 

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 17.39.54.jpg

Is there a way to simple adjust the height so that it matches to the 1st rectangle (top left) ? Or must I need to copy/past the first and work with modifying this one?

Thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

How are the buttons built?

Just rounded (live) rectangles and type, probaly grouped together?

Then you could just direct select one rectangle in the first row, look at the Tranform palette to get its height and use that for the rectangles in the second row.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are the buttons built?

Just rounded (live) rectangles and type, probaly grouped together?

Then you could just direct select one rectangle in the first row, look at the Tranform palette to get its height and use that for the rectangles in the second row.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey
Thanks for the tip. This Transform pallet is really great, didn't think about it.
A follow-up question. How would I make sure the spacing between each rectangle is same? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a task for the Align palette.

Let's assume in the first row there are five grouped objects. Select them all, then click on the button "B2B sales" to make it the key object and then use (Horizontal) Distribute Space at the bottom of the Align palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Kurt,

Ah, I see. Ok. I first grouped the text with their respective background shapes and then was able to distribute the space.

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines