• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe 2021 crashes when layers selected or when copying using ctrl+c on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm currently unable to select all of my artwork on some of my artboards. At the moment I have 6 artboards and I am only able to select the artwork on 2 of them without Illustrator freezing and crashing. This started yesterday but seemed to be crashing when I used ctrl+c to copy, but now it's when I select everything in an artboard.

I've tried unticking 'copy SVG code' in preferences, I've tried looking at the colour profiles, I've deleted all spot colours in the swatches, I've made sure no artwork goes outside the artboards too much... I just don't know what to do.

I'm up against it for a deadline and I really need Illustrator to function properly, please help!

My illustrator version is Illustrator 2020 (25.1) and it's up to date. I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Same. Reverting to 25 fixed the issue as a work-around. Thank you all for posting this. This post came up on google.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant Illustrator 2021 (25.1)! I've now installed the previous version of Illustrator and that one runs fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Selecting a complex layer in Illustrator (for an Adobe Character Animator puppet) kept crashing.

Reverted to the previous version (Illustrator 25.0) and it worked fine. Hopefully a bug that will get fixed soon. Thanks Lappleton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the usual behavior of the app. Does it happen while working on a specific file or with a specific object?

Have you tried working on another document?

If this is happening with all the documents, you may try resetting preferences of the app.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

When I selected everything in a layer (a very complicated layer) the app would crash. It did this several times. I did as 'lappeleton' suggested above. I reverted back to the previous version (25.0) and selecting everything worked without any problems. I am now working in that version and added my experience so the dev team can look into it.

If I reinstall the latest version I will try as you suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same. Reverting to 25 fixed the issue as a work-around. Thank you all for posting this. This post came up on google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines