• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC 2019 Illustrator Smooth Tool is gone

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find the smooth tool for adobe illustrator anywhere.  This happened when I switched to the Adobe CC 2019 and the Mohave update.  Can anyone help me?

Thank you

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

The Toolbar is editable in Illustrator CC 2019, and the Smooth Tool does not appear in it by default, the Basic setting. You may:

1. Click the Edit Toolbar button (the … at the bottom of the Toolbar), find the Smooth Tool in the revealed list, and drag it to where you want it in the Toolbar.

2. Click the Edit Toolbar button, click the menu bottom in the upper right corner, and click on Advanced. This will put all tools, including the Smooth Tool, into the Toolbar. I believe they are positioned as

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Toolbar is editable in Illustrator CC 2019, and the Smooth Tool does not appear in it by default, the Basic setting. You may:

1. Click the Edit Toolbar button (the … at the bottom of the Toolbar), find the Smooth Tool in the revealed list, and drag it to where you want it in the Toolbar.

2. Click the Edit Toolbar button, click the menu bottom in the upper right corner, and click on Advanced. This will put all tools, including the Smooth Tool, into the Toolbar. I believe they are positioned as they are in CC 2018.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Tromboniator!  That was a big help.  I appreciate your response to my question.  Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Glad you got what you needed.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just.... I can't even fathom why they would remove it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

I just.... I can't even fathom why they would remove it!

When updating your application please read the new features summaries as well as the popups that tell you what's new.

How to work with tools in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually assume these pop-ups are telling what new features have been added, NOT the fact that a very useful tool I've been using for years has been moved to an obscure new location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

I usually assume these pop-ups are telling what new features have been added, NOT the fact that a very useful tool I've been using for years has been moved to an obscure new location

The Smooth tool has not been moved. It's still in one group with the pencil tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been moved from where anyone used to earlier versions of Illustrator would expect to find it, or would hope to find it, or would desperately search to find it.  That makes it damn inconvenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like suddenly hiding the Sword of Athena from the Wonderwomen during her fight. !!!

Such an important tool moved to an obscure location. 

At least you should keep the search help toolbar like Mac for the Windows users of Adobe illustrator. I have been using illustrator for so many years, still, we Windows users don't get all these amenities and we sit each day searching for the required tools throughout the day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the smooth tool is not there--and I can't even edit the toolbar.... It's sickening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Window > Tools > Advanced does not help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines