Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS4 and InDesign CS4 japanese to english

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I bought the creative suite CS4 in 2010 while working in Japan. From there, it was not possible to get a suite in English. I found then some tricks on how to change the language back to english for photoshop and illustrator. I have been reinstalling now and then this program in my different desktop or laptop, but obviously not so often. I manage to reinstalled Photoshop in english in my new laptop, but I can't find a way for illustrator (half english half japanese) and indesign. Does anyone can help me out?

ps: i am not going to buy a new version of the suite as I am happy with CS4. I only use this software for basic things such as making figures for papers or preparing figures for my classes.

many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audray,

It has become increasingly dangerous (I am afraid it is the right term) to (re)install versions such as CS4 on a new OS, the safe(r) way being to use an older OS if at all possible. Even when an old into new installation can be performed there may be additional steps to take or strangenesses to live with.

With the added dual language complication, and especially since the (main) language is Japanese, I would suggest your (also) asking in the newly reinstated Japanese forum,

Illustratorフォーラム - Adobe Support Community 

If you have visited the old one, you will know its very high level of helpfulness and competence.

Here are the System Requirements for CS4,

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements-old-versions.html

which may be stretched, possibly with special adaptations such as virtual PC (on that side), but experience has shown that updates make things worse/impossible (see the first sentence again), so the safest bet is an older computer/OS that fits, and is beyond updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jacob,

many thanks for your fast answer! Indeed, the steps I did few years back to set up the languages seem to be no longer valid for this new laptop/OS. I will send a message to the japanese community and check if they can help somehow.

Have a nice day,

audray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Audray.

I hope you will report your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines