Highlighted

Adobe Illustrator 2020(24.2.1) Cursor Disappears on macOS Catalina 10.15.6

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Illustrator version 24.2.1 on an iMac running MacOS Catalina version 10.15.6 with a 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 processor and my graphics card is AMD RAdeon R9 M390 2GB.

With the latest update, when I open and run Illustrator, my cursor disappears over the artboard or "stalls" when I select a tool, like the type tool. The only way I can tell it's moving is my ruler "flickers" indicating where my cursor actually is. My Wacom has the same issue.

I know it isn't a mouse issue because my mouse and Wacom work just fine in all other programs, including Photoshop and InDesign.

I have run an update/made sure the updates were up-to-date on Catalina, shut down and restarted the computer and it still happens. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

I have 4 logos I need to design so I need this to work and can't find anyone else who's had similar issues. Any suggestions are welcome because at this point, I can't even use the program.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. We're sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request updating Adobe Illustrator to the latest version(v24.2.3) and let us know if it improves the performance.

You may also try resetting the preferences of the Illustrator once. Please follow instructions on this help article to do that.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Illustrator 2020(24.2.1) Cursor Disappears on macOS Catalina 10.15.6

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Illustrator version 24.2.1 on an iMac running MacOS Catalina version 10.15.6 with a 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 processor and my graphics card is AMD RAdeon R9 M390 2GB.

With the latest update, when I open and run Illustrator, my cursor disappears over the artboard or "stalls" when I select a tool, like the type tool. The only way I can tell it's moving is my ruler "flickers" indicating where my cursor actually is. My Wacom has the same issue.

I know it isn't a mouse issue because my mouse and Wacom work just fine in all other programs, including Photoshop and InDesign.

I have run an update/made sure the updates were up-to-date on Catalina, shut down and restarted the computer and it still happens. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

I have 4 logos I need to design so I need this to work and can't find anyone else who's had similar issues. Any suggestions are welcome because at this point, I can't even use the program.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. We're sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request updating Adobe Illustrator to the latest version(v24.2.3) and let us know if it improves the performance.

You may also try resetting the preferences of the Illustrator once. Please follow instructions on this help article to do that.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's been reported before. Try using something other than the brightest Theme in Preferences>User interface.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It has been a while, we haven't heard back from you, would you mind confirming if the issue was resolved or if you need any further assistance?

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0