• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2020(24.2.1) Cursor Disappears on macOS Catalina 10.15.6

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Illustrator version 24.2.1 on an iMac running MacOS Catalina version 10.15.6 with a 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 processor and my graphics card is AMD RAdeon R9 M390 2GB.

With the latest update, when I open and run Illustrator, my cursor disappears over the artboard or "stalls" when I select a tool, like the type tool. The only way I can tell it's moving is my ruler "flickers" indicating where my cursor actually is. My Wacom has the same issue.

I know it isn't a mouse issue because my mouse and Wacom work just fine in all other programs, including Photoshop and InDesign.

I have run an update/made sure the updates were up-to-date on Catalina, shut down and restarted the computer and it still happens. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

I have 4 logos I need to design so I need this to work and can't find anyone else who's had similar issues. Any suggestions are welcome because at this point, I can't even use the program.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. We're sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request updating Adobe Illustrator to the latest version(v24.2.3) and let us know if it improves the performance.

You may also try resetting the preferences of the Illustrator once. Please follow instructions on this help article to do that.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. We're sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request updating Adobe Illustrator to the latest version(v24.2.3) and let us know if it improves the performance.

You may also try resetting the preferences of the Illustrator once. Please follow instructions on this help article to do that.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's been reported before. Try using something other than the brightest Theme in Preferences>User interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that too. Not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @bilal361078709ywz,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under Safe Mode (Windows / macOS) and checking if it helps? Also, try running Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows / macOS) and share your observations.

If the problem persists, kindly share more details, like the System Info (Help>System Info) from Illustrator, the Microsoft System Information report (https://adobe.ly/3v47gUh) or macOS System Report (https://adobe.ly/4cfobDX), and a screen recording of the problem, so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It has been a while, we haven't heard back from you, would you mind confirming if the issue was resolved or if you need any further assistance?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using Illustrator 24 and facing same issue the problem occured in 23 version but it also happend in 24 version. Kindly tell me whats the solution. My pointer everywhere except on illustrator buttons and art board. It doesn't happens in Photoshop it works correclty. I updated my drivers reinstalled them and did same with illustrator. Letme know the fix. Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue was happening with me i have done everything but the issue remains same. But the good thing is i was able to get it resolved.

in case you are using windows 11 and updated to this latest  build https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2024/03/13/announcing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-260...

its due to compatibility issue with this build. I just rolled back to previous build and everything worked fine.

Many other are facing this issue as well.

So my cursor keeps disappearing whenever I move it off of the toolbar. This means it disappears enti...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after updating Windows 11,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael33019398w7h2  schrieb:

I have the same problem after updating Windows 11,

Which is a different issue, because this thread is 4 years old. Please voto for this bug in order to be updated: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/48142784-mouse-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Michael33019398w7h2,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. If you're in the Dev Channel or you'd like to stop getting preview builds immediately, you should use these instructions to complete a clean installation of Windows.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same happened to me. I don't see a cursor on workspace. So frustrating when I have work to do 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Agnieszka31435269geiq  schrieb:

The same happened to me. I don't see a cursor on workspace. So frustrating when I have work to do 

Windows or Mac? If Windows: it has been caused by recent update to Windows. Please support the bug report posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Nibhan0D4D,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared above and checking if it helps? If the problem persists, kindly share more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, details about your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/48WC2fv), so we can investigate this further.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Agnieszka31435269geiq,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind checking if you have an Insider Build of Windows installed (https://adobe.ly/3IIAIT2)? If so, kindly try the suggestions shared above to see if they help. 

If not, kindly share more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, details about your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/48WC2fv), so we can investigate this further?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i fix it by 
Setting - system -  recovery 
because i found this problem start after i update my window around March 18th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m in recovery, What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Joaquín36264759tutl  schrieb:

I´m in recovery, What should I do?

Is the problem gone when you are in Safe mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, just cropped up today out of the blue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines