• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.2.1 keeps crashing on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 24.2.1 keeps crashing. I cannot tie it to any particular activity - other than switching between Photoshop and Illustrator screens. I have reloaded the program. I have spent 45 minutes with an Adobe tech working on my computer. And still, it crashes multiple times a day. 

Running it on: 

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101)

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Anyone else running into this? 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. I agree that this has been in reported by multiple users but unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. This is currently under investigation and I would request that if you could upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39578656-random-crashing-24-0-3) and share the required information in comments. This way you'll keep getting all the updates r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any activity when it crashes?

Opening a file? Printing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No activity at all. Program is open with a file (doesn't matter what file) - I can go check email, switch to Photoshop, or wake up the computer - and it will crash at random times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try and turn off automatic GPU switching or detection or whatever that is called in the system?

Dictation is already turned off I suppose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THERE HAS TO BE THOUSANDS OF US OUT HERE STRANDED BY ADOBE!!!  We pay A LOT in monthly subscriptions that they pocket and are obviously not spending on R&D.   With the Catalina update, my Illustrator will not even open... just spins.  My Adobe Acrobat is wonky and I have to use Word to open PDFs now while it remains unusable.    Photoshop was nonfunctional for a long time.

Meanwhile, Adobe sends out marketing pieces, "How to" pieces when those people should be fired and competant engineers brought on board just to keep there main applications and products running!  Why would I focus on "How To" seminars when I can't even get the damn applications to open!!!

Adobe is probably having all of its engineers "telecommunting" from home and getting very little work done during this nonsense covid hysteria!  This is rediculous!  If this keeps up, Adobe should expect a class action suit from thousands of their users who are being hurt financially because the corporation is NOT putting the necessary resources into keeping their products functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not talking to "Adobe" here. This is a user forum and 95% of people are not even staff, let alone included in Illustrator development.

Please tell us your system and hardware info.

Do you have third party plugins installed?

I suppose you already reset the preferences?

Turned off the Dictation in the system?

You can also contact Customer Care, so they login to your system to check it out: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

And you can report a bug: Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Monika -

Here are the specs again:

Running it on: 

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101)

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

No third party plugins

Reinstalled and reset preferences

Dictation is turned off

I have contacted customer care - and they spent about 45 minutes working on my computer. Yet it is still crashing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people cannot run Photoshop and Illustrator simultaneously. It just won't work.

There are also issues with the Macbook 16". You are not alone with it.

Can you try and set the color profile to Apple RGB in the System preferences> Monitors? It totally contradicts everything color management is about, but it has helped some people. Can you try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it's just Illustrator alone that crashes, so not sure what's going on there. I will try the RGB color profile and see if it helps. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So nothing has helped yet. Still crashing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. I agree that this has been in reported by multiple users but unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. This is currently under investigation and I would request that if you could upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39578656-random-crashin...) and share the required information in comments. This way you'll keep getting all the updates related to this issue.

You may also try steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us.. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should be EMBARRASSED about how terribly unstable Illustrator is with its current version. Constant crashes on Adobe Illustrator 24.2.1, this has been going on all year. I work on some simple designs or layouts, go make a cup of coffee or check my email, come back to Illustrator, and poof all my work is gone with an Adobe Illustrator crash! It may or may not have recovered my work. This version shouldn't even be a public beta!! I know of free open-source software in beta that isn't even this unstable, please fix!! I'm on MacOS Catalina, MacBook Pro 16" 32 GB ram, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB, no third-party plugins, if that helps any developers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Running the same spec'd machine and just updated to 24.2.1 and have the same issue. It continues to surprise me home many known little adobe bugs there are throughout their lineup and yet we just get on with it and they're never really addressed. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. Cant stand it when companies state they can't replicate the issues or haven't seen it for themselves. Just make you feel like you're being lied to. I'd rather companies just say "yep, it's an issue, we're on it". I'd be far more understanding of that approach, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines