Highlighted

Adobe Illustrator 2020 crashing on launch on macOS

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 1.58.47 PM.png

I have tried renaming preference files, etc and reinstall it twice. Still, it won't launch and get stuck in initiating plugins.. Please help me out!!

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Illustrator 2020 crashing on launch on macOS

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 1.58.47 PM.png

I have tried renaming preference files, etc and reinstall it twice. Still, it won't launch and get stuck in initiating plugins.. Please help me out!!

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to heaar about this. This definitely not a typical experience with Illustrator. Let me fix this for you. I would request that if you can share a few more details like:

• Operating system you are working on?
  • Exact version of Illustrator.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does it gives any crash report after this? If yes,  then please share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html 
    While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly. 

You may also try giving Full Disk Access to Illustrator in "Security and Privacy" preferences. 

Click Apple icon on top left corner of your screen > System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Full Disk Access > Check the box in front of Illustrator.

full disk access illustrator.png

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines