Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2020 Keeps Crashing on Startup

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I can't get Illustrator 2020 to be stable and load properly. It keeps crashing.

This is your newest update to Illustrator and has been unstable since I updated. Is there any fix? I have redone the preferences, rebooted countless times.

No error codes or windows appear before the crash. Illustrator just freezes up and stops working. All my other Adobe apps continue to work just fine, Cloud, just fine. The last update before this still causes Illustrator to stop working properly after about 6hours. This one will allow me to open a new document and when I choose any tool or window, it freezes. What's up guys? can't you stop messing with the4 stability of this app? I need this tool for work.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please make sure you have OS & GPU updated to the latest version. You may also try resetting preferences manually and see if it helps. Please follow the instructions below:

For MAC 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is it?

Does the hardware meet the requirements?

Any third party plugins installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please make sure you have OS & GPU updated to the latest version. You may also try resetting preferences manually and see if it helps. Please follow the instructions below:

For MAC 

• Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

For Windows 

• Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists. You may also try the steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Thanks,
Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have this same issue. Yesterday Illustrator 2020 crashed while saving (first time I've had this problem), and after that it crashed repeatedly on startup. Get's past the splash to the interface, then says "Not responding". So I decided to update to Illustrator 2021, same issue. Since then, I have ensured all preferences are not carried over and reinstalled both 2020 and 2021 and I still have the same issue. I have applied the Windows solution above, by renaming the folders and still it doesn't work.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read the tips on here and nothing works, it's the same thing. I thought about getting Illustrator 2021, but if it still does the same thing as 2020 does then what's the point? One other thing, roughly abour the same time that AI started crashing on startup, Creative Cloud was doing the same thing. Every time i'd start Windows, there would be an error message and then it would do a repair, and after a few minutes would show me the CC menu with options to buy other software. For six months this was going on, until a month ago when CC just stopped doing the sel repair, and that doesn't even work anymore. I can't even use Illustrator, and am having to use other means to get my digital work done (using someone else's computer) Why? Get it together people, not even my tech savvy friends can figure out why this keeps happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot: running on Win 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found the problem. This is regarding your tablet driver issue. Try to uninstall your tablet driver and it should be fine. Please rate this answer if its work for you 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines