Highlighted

Adobe Illustrator 2020 not responding

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello team,

Currently I try to open Adobe Illustrator but the application is not responding properly and showing a white screen

Could you help me please to fix it?

Looking forward to your comments

Thanks

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Illustrator 2020 not responding

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello team,

Currently I try to open Adobe Illustrator but the application is not responding properly and showing a white screen

Could you help me please to fix it?

Looking forward to your comments

Thanks

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Viviana ,

Sorry to hear about this. That's definitely not a typical experience with the application. As  John mentioned above, for better understanding of this issue, we need a few more details like:

• Exact version of Illustrator and operating system. 
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link.
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does toggling between GPU and CPU Preview, by using Ctrl/ CMD + E help to resolve the issue?

All this information will help us find the root cause of the issue and we will be able to help you accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srishti,

Yes it IS indeed a typical experience. I've had the same problems with the 2020 versions of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. I've had Adobe access my desktop to troubleshoot and apart from giving me snide and condescending quips, they found absolutely NO WORKAROUND for this ongoing issue. I just tried to update to the latest versions of Illustrator (24.2) and InDesign (15.1.1) again today because my clients are sending me files done in those versions. The same thing happens over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again ad nauseum: the pizza wheel of death appears and I have to go to FORCE QUIT to find that ONCE AGAIN Illustrator is NOT RESPONDING. Same for InDesign. I have to Uninstall and begin the process again. I try to open it and it doesn't even get to the welcome screen, it just stalls out on opening. This is a problem that started with the first version of 2020. I am on MacOS 10.15.2. Adobe has really messed things up. I've been using Adobe products since 1989 and this is the absolute worst year ever. Developer level of competence NOT the same as when the company began.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're extremely sorry to hear about this. I understand how frustrating this is. Could you please share a small screenshot of the Illustrator screen where it gets stuck.

As you are facing issues with multiple applications, we might need to check this on live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way. 

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0