Highlighted

Adobe Illustrator 2020 v24.1.2.408 and Adobe Photoshop 2020 v21.1.2 Issue with axt (arabic) font

New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I'm typing an arabic text with continuation of numbers, it works fine but when I just take another line with number only it get changes to boxes. On Windows Please help me to find out a solution to this problem. I'll be very greatful. Thank you.

Topics

Feature request, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Illustrator 2020 v24.1.2.408 and Adobe Photoshop 2020 v21.1.2 Issue with axt (arabic) font

New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I'm typing an arabic text with continuation of numbers, it works fine but when I just take another line with number only it get changes to boxes. On Windows Please help me to find out a solution to this problem. I'll be very greatful. Thank you.

Topics

Feature request, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. You mentioned that this is happening with Illustrator and Photoshop both apps. It could be a font issue as well. Have you tried with different Arabic fonts or just one? If it is a specific font, would you mind sharing the font information so that we can check it out? Please share version of OS as well.
Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped supporting AXT fonts back in May 2012 when adobe released its Creative Suite 6. The AXT fonts were and are still meant to work with QuarkXpress as an Arabic Extension.

You should look for other fonts such as OpenType fonts that are fully supported in Adobe and Microsoft applications. Many axt users don't know that these axt fonts are poorly developed in a sense that when you export/save to PDF, your PDF is not searchable even though the text is live.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines