• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2020 v24.3 UI Issue with Windows 10

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest version of Illustrator (24.3) and it doesn't function...at all. (im on windows 10 btw) when it opens the workspace wont load, the buttons (top and sidebar) don't appear until you move your cursor over each one, then they randomly appear and disappear again.  it's just a blank gray slate.  there's no 'close' or 'minimize' buttons in the corner.  nothing.  i rolled back to 24.2.3 and everything is fine.  What's the deal?  is this just a bug in the latest version that everybody is experiencing?  and ideally will be repaired with a quickness given the amount of money we all dish out for this software?  Or is there something wrong with MY setup that somehow causes a conflict here...?  For now, I'm happy to use the last version but this needs to get fixed.  Any help?  Anybody else experiencing this same issue?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the usual behavior of the app. Please try resetting the preferences of the app and see if it helps. Please follow the instructions below to do that:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that is not a path that exists on my computer.  regardless...why would resetting my preferences fix the broken program?  obviously it's not the intended 'usual' behavior of the app.  the software is broken, it's not an issue of preferences being messed up.  something is catastrophically wrong at the very root of the program.

im just waiting it out til the next update hoping that whatever is wrong with it will be resolved by then.

i would appreciate if you could delete the 'correct answer' label for this thread.  you didn't solve my problem or answer any question. i should have replied sooner...but im offended that you're labeling this a 'correct answer'.  you're only causing harm to others out there looking for a solution to this or a similar problem.

any other useful information would be appreciated.  have others experienced a similar problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines