• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2021 quits when opening (macOS Big Sur V 11.4)

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having trouble for a couple of days now. I either try and open an Illustrator document by clicking on it, or I open the Illutator application and then the document. The docment may open briefly, but then immediately quits coming up with the usual "Adobe Illustrator 2021 quit unexpectedly".

I have unintstalled, and reinstalled it twice now and still having issues. I don't know what to do next!

This all started when I updated to the latest version through the Creative Cloud App.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry about that

I don’t have a solution, but maybe if you Install an older version of Illustrator from the CC app. Go to the creative cloud app and click on the 3 dots next to Illustrator app to see more options and select other versions

you can install a previous version of Illustrator and maybe that will work, sometimes there are bugs and you have to update the system

Let me know if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I tried this and it still didn't work. I tried with old documents, new documents, to no avail. Trying the other advice now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Do you see this behavior while opening a specific document?

I'd request you to try the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) & let us know if they help with the crash issues. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this happen after some event like updating to Big Sur? DO you have any plug ins?

Reset Prefs Thoroughly (Mac)

• Quit Your Adobe App (100% you must do this)
  • Finder >> Go (hold down option to show hidden) >> library 
  • Preferences >> Adobe  >> (Program Name) rename to (Program Name) .old
  • Library- >> Caches >> com.(Program Name) rename to (Program Name) .old
  • Library >> Application Support >> Adobe >> (Program Name) rename to (Program Name) .old

OOBE RESET MAC

• Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)
  • /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  • The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default for macOS 10.7 and above. See Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later for instructions to access it.
  • Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
  • Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.
  • Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
  • Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines